Aboe Lockworks Ltd. | Locksmiths
Two Calgary locksmiths named Bruce Attwell and Ernie Olson founded ABOE Lockworks in 1978. The company name was derived from the founder's initials "BA" and "EO". Having 3 vowels made it difficult to come up with anything, but after several variations "ABOE" was created. The company started off small, working out of two old vans. Within a few months business had begun to take off. ABOE then opened their first shop on 16th Avenue NW. Five years later, they moved to a larger location on Centre Street N. In 1988 they moved to their present location at 1308 Centre Street N.